Susie Burrell’s Sandwich Sushi Recipe
This is a featured post from Paediatric Dietitian and Nutritionist Susie Burrell, a proud mother of two and leading expert in early childhood nutrition.
Sandwich Sushi is a fun way to present what is a somewhat traditional meal – and it’s guaranteed to be a favourite dish of your little one.
- 2 slices high fibre white or wholemeal bread, crust removed
- 2 tbsp. light cream cheese
- ½ avocado
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely grated
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, cut into lengths
- Flatten the bread slightly with a rolling pin and spread with cream cheese.
- Spread a thin layer of avocado on the bread. Sprinkle with carrot and top with a stick of cucumber.
- Fold the bread to enclose the filling and roll up.
- Cut each sushi roll into three.
Notes / Tips
Age recommendation: for ages 12 months and above
The following two tabs change content below.
Susie Burrell is one of Australia’s leading paediatric dietitian and nutritionists.
For years Susie has promoted healthy eating practices in Australia by providing access to evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle advice. She’s also a proud mum to twins, bringing real-mum experience to her health and nutrition teachings. Susie develops content for Bellamy's to help communicate the importance of early childhood nutrition for life-long health and well-being.