Susie Burrell’s Roast Vege Soup
This is a featured post from Paediatric Dietitian and Nutritionist Susie Burrell, a proud mother of two and leading expert in early childhood nutrition.
An easy way to get more veggies into their diet!
- 2 carrots, chopped roughly
- 1 parsnip, chopped roughly
- 500g pumpkin, chopped roughly
- 350g sweet potato, chopped roughly
- 1 capsicum, chopped roughly
- ½ onion, chopped
- 750ml gluten free vegetable stock
- ½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and on a large baking tray assemble the vegetables and give a light brushing with olive oil.
2. Bake for an hour, turning occasionally.
3. Remove the capsicum, but continue to bake other vegetables for a further 30 minutes. 4. Once the capsicum is cooled, remove the skin (this should rub off easily) and blend with the carrot, parsnip and onion.
4. Add in the pumpkin, sweet potato and half the stock – puree until smooth.
5. Place in a pan with the remaining stock and heat through serving with a dash of milk.
Notes / Tips
Age recommendation: 9 months and above
The following two tabs change content below.
Susie Burrell is one of Australia’s leading paediatric dietitian and nutritionists.
For years Susie has promoted healthy eating practices in Australia by providing access to evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle advice. She’s also a proud mum to twins, bringing real-mum experience to her health and nutrition teachings. Susie develops content for Bellamy's to help communicate the importance of early childhood nutrition for life-long health and well-being.