Susie Burrell’s Kid’s Veggie Lunch Bowl
This is a featured post from Paediatric Dietitian and Nutritionist Susie Burrell, a proud mother of two and leading expert in early childhood nutrition.
My Veggie Lunch Bowls are a super healthy and delicious meal that the whole family will love. With a mix of grains, protein and veggies, little ones will have a whole bowl full of options to explore! Veggie bowls are an easy and healthy lunch option that can be adapted to suit all tastes and preferences – and they are a great way to get your kids involved in meal preparation.
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 30g roast chicken or ham, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4-6 cubes of cheddar cheese
- ½ red capsicum, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. hummus for dipping
- Prepare all ingredients as detailed above and combine in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Serve salad in a plate or bowl, along with hummus for dipping, and enjoy!
Notes / Tips
Disclaimer: this recipe contains dairy. If yourself or your child have allergies or diet restrictions, please consult your healthcare professional for advice.
Age recommendation: for 12 months and above
The following two tabs change content below.
Susie Burrell is one of Australia’s leading paediatric dietitian and nutritionists.
For years Susie has promoted healthy eating practices in Australia by providing access to evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle advice. She’s also a proud mum to twins, bringing real-mum experience to her health and nutrition teachings. Susie develops content for Bellamy's to help communicate the importance of early childhood nutrition for life-long health and well-being.