Susie Burrell’s Kids’ Fried Rice Recipe
This is a featured post from Paediatric Dietitian and Nutritionist Susie Burrell, a proud mother of two and leading expert in early childhood nutrition.
Fried Rice is a quick and easy meal to pull together any night of the week. Containing brown rice and chicken – which is a perfect mix of wholegrain carbs and lean protein – this recipe will keep your little one fuller for longer.
- 100g chicken breast
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (please note, you can use an egg replacer for those with allergies)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup red capsicum, finely diced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ tsp. salt reduced soy sauce
- Heat a medium non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add in the olive oil and chicken breast and cook for five to seven minutes until the chicken is browned.
- Add the onion, capsicum and corn and cook for a further two to three minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the egg and cook for a further two to three minutes until the egg is cooked through.
- Add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Cook stirring, for one minute or until warmed through.
Notes / Tips
Age recommendation: for ages 9 months and above
The following two tabs change content below.
Susie Burrell is one of Australia’s leading paediatric dietitian and nutritionists.
For years Susie has promoted healthy eating practices in Australia by providing access to evidence-based nutrition and lifestyle advice. She’s also a proud mum to twins, bringing real-mum experience to her health and nutrition teachings. Susie develops content for Bellamy's to help communicate the importance of early childhood nutrition for life-long health and well-being.